With an iced coffee in hand, I train to North Sydney's Milson's Point. Children play with kites in the park and traffic roars from the massive bridge above. I walk along the pier and stop, scanning the city skyline with awe and admiration. My gaze rests on Port Jackson, the natural harbour of Sydney, before my attention further drifts to the iconic Sydney Harbor Bridge and Sydney Opera House. A smile slowly spreads over my face - the harbor is absolutely spectacular! A ferris wheel glides above my head as I pass Luna Park, a seaside amusement park. Screams of joy and terror pierce the air from nearby rides. I continue to walk across the Sydney Harbor Bridge by foot, pausing several times to revel in the moment and appreciate the stunning surrounds. I later wander through the Botanic Gardens, following my nose to the rose garden. I walk a little further and find myself at the base of the famous Sydney Opera House, observing the unique white arches and points. This building serves as one of the most distinctive 20th century buildings and one of the most famous performing arts venues in the world!
Paul and I also spent the day at the Sydney Tarranga Zoo! The zoo, located on the shores of Sydney Harbour in Mosman, provides a beautiful view of the port and an impressive display of animals. After docking, we hopped into a cable car and flew to the top of the hillside, soaring past gorillas and elephants, dodging trees. The highlight of the afternoon was the seal show - these plump, intelligent animals entertaining the crowd with tricks and waves!
My evenings in Sydney were busy catching up with friends - a Thai dinner in funky and trendy Newtown, a night out in the Rocks historical district of Sydney, a few local footy games, and a rugby game, where the Cronulla Sharkies beat the Sydney Roosters, followed by Sunday Session at Northies!! Thank you everyone for an awesome week in Sydney - Paul, Ben and Kat, Leon, Ryan, Nicole and Dani!! Thank you, Johnson family, for hosting me this week! I loved spending time with you.