Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A little more Perth

My time in Perth has been relaxing and I continue to enjoy this city! I spent the past week soaking up the beaches, harbors, and parks of the greater Perth region. I spent lazy afternoons at the Esplanade, iced coffee and a good book in hand. I dug my toes into the sand and jumped into the chilly Indian Ocean waters at Cottesloe, Scarborough, and South Beach. I perused an interesting beachfront art exhibit, statue and stone creations along with more modern art displays. And one evening, a travel friend treated me to a gorgeous drive along the coast at dusk followed by a delicious meal at Hillarys Boat Harbour, a series of docks packed with shops, harbor-side restaurants, gelato shops, and families and friends enjoying the crisp, clear night.

I also had the wonderful opportunity to catch up with several very dear, local friends, friends whom I met traveling three years ago on my first journey abroad! It truly is a small world after all. Thank you guys for a great few weeks and for introducing me to your lovely significant others and friends!