We also enjoyed South Korea's film The Housemaid at University of Western Australia's Somerville Auditorium, an outdoor cinema located under a canopy of trees and stars. This past weekend, we ventured to the Perth Zoo! We walked through the African savanna and Asian rain forest and stopped to check out the nocturnal and reptile exhibits. Most relevant, I learned about Australian wildlife - kangaroos, koalas, wombats, quokkas, emus, echidnas and penguins!
In my down time, I enjoyed visiting several of the local university campuses. I also browsed Perth's Western Australian Museum, learning about the culture and history of the local Aboriginal people and viewing the works of Melbourne artist Vincent Fantauzzo. And finally, I wandered through The Art Gallery of Western Australia, checking out the exhibit Year 12 Perspectives 2010, a yearly taste of art by the most talented graduating high school artists in the State.
After a lovely week in the suburbs of Perth, I prepare to join a friend and drive north along the beautiful coast of Western Australia. Thank you Monica for generously sharing your home and your life with me this past week! It has been a true pleasure to spend time with you. I have enjoyed learning so much about not only Perth and the surrounds, but about the culture, plants, animals and people of Australia. Thank you!