Tristan and I stopped briefly in Denham, the most westerly town in Australia! We felt refreshed after a quick dip in the cool water. Families and friends picnic around us. Kids kayak and play games in the water. Locals kick off a long holiday weekend as visitors arrive in camper vans and trucks. Tristan and I spent the night camping in soft, red sand with a beautiful view of Shark Bay, the sun set casting a purple glow over the sailboats in the distance. As the last light of day disappeared, we strapped on our head-lamps, fired up the grill and popped open our folding lawn chairs. With the nearest city (and city lights) miles away, the night sky was phenomenal! The milky way sweeps across the night sky and constellations slowly move with each passing hour. Every so often, a shooting star captures our attention. I close my eyes and make a wish.
Just after sunrise, Tristan and I packed our tent and drove a short distance to Monkey Mia, a popular tourist resort on Shark Bay. For more than forty years, Indo-Pacific bottlenose dolphins have come into shallow water for food each morning. I stood knee-deep in water and watched the dolphins splash about.


