After several FULL days of sightseeing in London, Jen and I nearly wore ourselves out! A few of the most well-known sights around town - Big Ben and Parliament, Buckingham Palace along with the Changing of the Guards, Tower Bridge and London Tower, Piccadilly Circus and Oxford Street, London Eye, Trafalgar Square, Westminster Abby, Notting Hill, and more!
On a particularly rainy day, Jen and I found refuge by jumping on a red, double-decker city tour bus. We laughed at the commentary and snapped photos from the rooftop seating. After seeing London by bus, we boarded a ferry and cruised the Thames River. We spent the afternoon in Greenwich, best known for the Greenwich Meridian (0° longitude) and Greenwich Mean Time. As the rain continued to pour, Jen and I literally sprinted from our ferry to the "center of time and space" and back again! We joined other tourists and straddled the Greenwich Meridian mark, residing in both the east and west hemisphere simultaneously!
Jen and I really enjoyed an evening out in Piccadilly Circus - A wonderful Italian dinner with the company of a London friend, a stellar performance of Grease packed full of brilliant song and dance, theatres on every corner, lights and sounds of the streets, vendors and street performers!
After three and half weeks together, several countries, a run-in with the Loch Ness monster, and MANY memories, Jen boarded her plane and traveled back to Seattle. We had a lot of fun - Miss you already Jen!